Deadline: 18 December 2017
Open to: candidates who have recently (0-5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
Venue: 10– 14 April 2018 in Berlin, Germany
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors, and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 10 – 14 April 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
Timeline of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
10 – 14 April 2018: Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany
April 2018 – March 2019: Personal mentoring, peer mentoring (remotely)
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model
- Be based in a developing or emerging country or have a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies
- Possess a good working knowledge of English
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany and valid travel medical insurance.
Travel and accommodation for the Young Founders Conference will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation. All fellows are expected to actively participate in the Young Founders Conference as well as in the scheduled mentoring calls
How to apply?
- Online application (Deadline: 18 December 2017, 10 AM CET);
- Notification of application status to all candidates (10 January 2018);
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (11 January – 9 February 2018);
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (14 February 2018);
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (15 February 2018).
In order to apply, you can register here.
For more information please visit the official web site.