Deadline: 17 January 2018
Open to: university graduates coming from European Neighbourhood Policy countries (Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine)
Scholarships: academic expenses, accommodation, meals and travel costs
College of Europe is offering a large number of scholarships for university graduates coming from European Neighbourhood Policy countries (Bruges campus and Natolin campus). These scholarships will be awarded to pursue postgraduate studies during the academic year 2018-2019.
The College is a private university/institution and can rely on an extensive network of contacts in European institutions, national administrations, international organizations, European universities and professional circles.
The two working languages of the College of Europe are English and French. Candidates can apply to some study programmes with a lower command of one of these two languages. Occasionally students are admitted on condition that they improve specific language skills.
All applicants to the College of Europe must hold a relevant university degree. Admission to the College of Europe requires either a Bologna Master’s degree, or a pre-Bologna equivalent degree, or a final university degree and at least 240 ECTS credits acquired in the course of one’s university studies. Holders of a Bachelor degree are also eligible provided they demonstrate strong qualification in relation to the academic programme for which they apply.
Nationality: Students from Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunisia, and Ukraine can apply.
The College of Europe offers a large number of scholarships to university graduates coming from European Neighbourhood Policy countries for post-graduate studies at the College of Europe during the academic year 2018-2019.
These scholarships cover academic expenses, accommodation, meals and travel costs.
How to Apply?
All applicants to the College must hold a relevant university degree. Candidates must submit a formal application for admission, which consists of an online application. Applications need to be submitted with all the requested supporting documents before the closing date. All applicants, including students who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in principle according to their nationality) in the application form. Should there be no selection committee, please select “No selection committee – College of Europe”.
1. Application letters
Recommendation letters are in the form of online recommendation questionnaires that are automatically sent to your nominated referees via email through your online application.
In the online application under sections “Reference 1” and “Reference 2” you have to indicate who your 2 referees are. Once you completed the referee contact information and clicked on the “send reference request” button your referees will receive an automatic email with a link leading to the reference form that they need to complete and submit.
The reference form exists out of 2 parts. The 3 required fields of part 1 have to be completed. Part 2 can be completed and/or your referee can choose to upload a reference letter which he/she can upload at the bottom of the reference form.
When the referee has submitted their reference form you will be informed automatically by email. Deadline date for the referee to submit the reference form is 1 February 2018.
In case the referee does not receive your request by email please advise him/her to check their spam/junk folder. If the message is not in that folder then try to resend your request. If that does not work please contact the Admissions Office.
2. In order to complete the online application, you will need among others the following information/documents:
- title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.);
- title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.);
- other academic activities;
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title;
- language knowledge (French, English and other), level see language requirements;
- motivation (max 600 words);
- names and e-mail addresses of 2 university professors in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system;
- CV in Europass format;
- copy of your university degree(s) – document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it by email as soon as it is available);
- transcript(s) from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained – document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French;
- passport or national identity card;
- passport photo.
For more information please visit the official website.