Deadline: 13 December 2017
Open to: open minded, flexible people with willingness to learn and invest own energy and ideas into the common goals
Venue: Czech Republic
INEX – Association for Voluntary Activities, hereinafter INEX-SDA
INEX – Association of voluntary activities (INEX-SDA) is a non-governmental non-for-profit organization founded in 1991 to carry out and support international voluntary work and intercultural education.
INEX-SDA is striving towards:
1) tolerant and open society respecting cultural differences and honouring principles of sustainable development;
2) active and responsible citizens who take interest in the world around them and take part in publicly beneficial activities without the claim for financial profit;
3) international and intercultural cooperation based on the principles of equal approach to all, mutual respect and understanding.
INEX-SDA is implementing international projects of Global education – voluntary exchange projects with the countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America such as GLEN and educational projects for intercultural education, social inclusion and awareness-raising, such as FOOTBALL FOR DEVELOPMENT, co-ordinating and hosting seminars and trainings related to the themes of volunteerism and development cooperation. INEX-SDA is sending Czech volunteers abroad for short term “workcamps” and long term projects (about 550 per year) and hosting international and Czech volunteers at projects in the Czech Republic (380 per year); sending Czech EVS volunteers abroad (about 20 per year).
INEX-SDA is member of Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organisations (Alliance) and Co-ordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS) and is partner organisation of Service Civil International (SCI). Since 2000 INEX-SDA works as a hosting and sending organisation in the program European Voluntary Service and is member of various national platforms: Czech Commission of Children and Youth, Czech Forum of Development Co-operation (FoRS), Czech against Poverty.
They will host one EVS volunteer for 12 months from the beginning of February 2018 until the end of January 2019.
Football for Development is a unique concept based on the principle of fair play, equality, and teamwork. Their aim is to bring together groups or people from different social or cultural backgrounds. Through football, they promote mutual respect and tolerance, not only on the field but also in everyday life. The project is associated with the traditional visit of international volunteers from a country outside Europe and their one-month educational tour throughout the country. Together with Czech volunteers, they put together a team that organizes tournaments, public events, workshops and other educational activities for children and young people.
Thanks to these football tournaments they manage every year to involve more than 1,500 young people. The campaign takes place in June/July each year in several regions of the Czech Republic.
The main campaign work lasts till September, after this the volunteer is expected to focus on his/her own project together with supporting other projects and activities connected with the global learning (such as GLEN – INEX-SDA web/ European web) and non-formal education (trainings, seminars, volunteer project groups).
Proposed volunteer’s tasks:
1. Assisting with the preparation and realisation of “Football for Development” project from February to July. While taking part in organisation tasks before the campaign starts, the volunteer will be appointed to communicate with participants and preparing documents. In the course of the realisation of the campaign the volunteer will be supporting the youth during their travel around the
Czech Republic in co-organizing public events, football tournaments, youth workshops, assisting project coordinator with financial management, documenting the campaign, etc;
2. Support of a programme called GLEN (Global Education Network of Young Europeans), taking part in the global and non-formal education activities organized by the volunteers of INEX-SDA, such as joining in organizing assessment centre for new volunteers in GLEN.
3. According to the volunteer’s interest he/she will be involved in one or more project in the Volunteers Club (DoK) or initiating his/her own project;
4. Raising awareness about volunteering, voluntary projects and intercultural exchanges among the Czech youth at different regions of the Czech Republic (presentations, promo actions, meetings etc.);
5. Opportunity to develop a project according to his/her interest;
6. Opportunity to learn Czech.
EVS volunteer in the office
The volunteer becomes a member of the INEX-SDA team participates in all parts of the organisation’s life such as regular office meetings, public and promotion events etc. He/she will cooperate closely with project coordinators and other team members who will provide guidance and support in taken tasks within the project he/she will be involved in.
The office is run on everyday basis. Working hours of volunteer are flexible within 9 am to 5 pm. Sometimes there can be work during weekends (training, seminars) but this will be always compensated by a time off at alternative days.
For the same period a second EVS volunteer from another country is selected to support our Incoming Office planning and preparing workcamps in the Czech Republic.
Accommodation The volunteer will live in a nice, fully equipped flat in Prague about 30 minutes away from the office by public transport. The flat is shared with our second EVS volunteer.
- Conditions of stay fully correspond with the EVS rules and budget of the programme;
- The volunteer will receive pocket money and food allowance every month, ticket for public transportation in Prague, and Czech language courses;
- For the whole project period the volunteer is provided with insurance through the EVS Programme by Cigna insurance company.Travel from home country to the Czech Republic and back is covered according to the program rules and distance.
The profile of volunteer
- The project is opened to anybody interested in our activities and projects, and with strong motivation in becoming an active member of our team;
- They welcome open minded and flexible people with willingness to learn and invest own energy and ideas into the common goals, and eventually develop their own project. It is useful to be able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Volunteers should be prepared that a lot of work is of administrative character and not always in the field;
- Previous experiences with volunteering, involvement in the NGO sector or Global Education can be valuable but are not requested;
- A good knowledge of English and good communication skills are needed.
Volunteers interested in joining the project and INEX-SDA team are welcome to send their CV and motivation letter (indicate why you want to take part and your experience) to Kristýna Hradílková at [email protected]