Deadline: 15 December 2017
Open to: candidates of the EU Member States, of Iceland and Norway
Internship: monthly grant of EUR 934.51
The European Maritime Safety Agency offers traineeships for a period of at least 3 months and a maximum of 6 months.
The European Maritime Safety Agency aims to the enhancement of the overall maritime safety system in the Community. EMSA contributes to reduce the risk of maritime accident, marine pollution from ships and the loss of human lives at sea.
The traineeship programme aims to:
- provide trainees with work experience in the field of maritime safety legislation;
- enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of day-to-day work of the Agency’s units and sections;
- provide the opportunity to young graduates to put into practice knowledge acquired during their universities studies.
The normal starting dates for this training are 1 March and 1 October each year. Trainees are placed under the responsibility of an advisor. Trainees are allowed to attend meetings on subjects of interest to their work, receive documentation and participate in the work of the section to which they are attached at a level corresponding to their educational and working background.
- candidates will be selected from among the nationals of the EU Member States, of Iceland and Norway. However, a limited number of nationals of non-Member States may also be accepted according to available resources;
- they must have completed the first cycle of higher education course (university education) and obtained a full degree or its equivalent by the closing date of application;
- they must have a very good knowledge of English and if they are from the EU Member States, they must have satisfactory knowledge of a second Community language.
- Trainees will be awarded a monthly grant of EUR 934.51. Disabled trainees may receive a supplement to their grant, equal to a maximum of 50% of the amount of the grant;
- Recruited trainees may receive a travel allowance subject to budget availability. Travel allowance is paid at the end of the training period (minimum three months).
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.