Deadline: 17 January 2018
Open to: women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
Venue: 1 September – 31 October 2018 San Francisco and Washington,DC
The mission of TechWomen is to empower, connect and support the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) by providing them access and opportunity to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and become role models for women and girls in their communities.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement;
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English;
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program;
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa;
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years;
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States;
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C;
- Housing in San Francisco or Mountain View, California during the mentorship;
- Meals and incidentals;
- Hotel stays in Washington, D.C;
- Ground transportation to the participant’s host company;
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.