Deadline: 10 January 2018
Open to: USA and International students
Venue: 8-11 July 2018, Washington, D.C
Girls are powerful. When they’re educated, healthy, and safe, they transform their communities. When girls stand up for girls in need, they empower each other and transform our world. As the United Nations Foundation’s adolescent girl campaign, Girl Up engages girls to take action. Led by a community of nearly half a million passionate advocates raising awareness and funds, their efforts help the hardest to reach girls living in places where it is hardest to be a girl.
Girl Up is committed to diversity and inclusion. They know that achieving global gender equality is only possible by building a diverse, inclusive, and effective movement. They value difference in identities, experiences, and perspectives across race, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and geography, and we believe this diversity leads to greater success.
All eligible youth interested in attending the 2018 Girl Up Leadership Summit, to be held July 8-11 in Washington D.C., are invited to apply for general need-based financial Aid and/or for a need-based regional scholarship.
Financial assistance and regional scholarship applications will close at 11:59PM ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018. Learn more below.
- Must be entering the US equivalent to grades 9-12 (high school or secondary school);
- Must live/reside in one of the regions and/or specific states listed; See the list of the specific states that are eligible for Need-Based Regional Scholarships on this link.
- Must be able to attend the entire Leadership Summit (July 8-11, 2018);
- Open for US and international students.
- General Need-Based Financial Assistance up to USD 1000 per person;
- Need-Based Regional Full Scholarships are also available.