Deadline: 15 January 2018
Open to: international students
Benefits: full-time paid position
The Summer Leadership Program (SLP) is a four-month unique internship opportunity developed to invest in the future success of young people from across the country.
The program gives young people an opportunity to contribute to Prime Minister Trudeau’s team while gaining vital job experience serving in the offices of Members of Parliament, Ministers’ Offices, The Prime Minister’s Office and the Liberal Research Bureau. SLP Participants working with Members of Parliament may have the ability to split their internship by serving two months in Ottawa and two months in the Constituency Office.
The SLP 2018 internship has been designed to develop learning objectives that are structured into the experience and guided by supervising political staff. The aim of the program is to balance the participants learning experience with the goals and responsibilities they are assigned in their respective office. Although each office will have a slightly different job description, we’re committed to providing participants with a meaningful learning experience where they will be able to learn, grow, and connect alongside other emerging young leaders who are passionate about our government’s agenda.
Please meet the following minimum requirements:
- Eligible to work in Canada;
- Have fluent proficiency in at least one official language (English or French);
- Have completed High School (program begins on April 30th);
- Able to travel and relocate to Ottawa for four months of the summer.
- Learn: Take on challenges and meaningful work assignments while learning about the political process from some of the best in the country;
- Grow: Engage and participate in weekly educational and inspiring SLP Speaker Series geared towards your professional development and enriching your political, government, and parliamentary knowledge;
- Connect: From connections with diverse nationwide interns, experienced political staff across government and Parliamentarians to build your professional network.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.