Deadline: 21 January 2018
Open to: international students
Fellowship: around USD 53,840 – USD 60,495 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority
Applicants are invited for PhD Research Fellowship in Ecotoxicology is available at Section for Aquatic Biology and Toxicology (AQUA), Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo (UiO). Fellowship is exclusively open for international students.
The purpose of the PhD Fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
The University of Oslo is Norway’s oldest and highest rated institution of research and education with 28 000 students and 7000 employees. Its broad range of academic disciplines and internationally esteemed research communities make UiO an important contributor to society.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree or equivalent in toxicology or marine ecology, relevant to this Ph.D. project.
Pay grade: around USD 53,840 – USD 60,495 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
How to Apply?
The application must include:
- Application letter, including a pointwise explanation of how the applicant fits the selection criteria detailed above;
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications);
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation;
- Documentation of English proficiency (for applicants from non-EU/EEA countries);
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee;
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number);
- A short text that outlines the candidate´s motivation and ideas for a project within the described field of research (1-2 pages);
- Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language;
- In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
For more information please visit the official website.