Deadline: 26 January 2018
Open to: students and recent graduates aged 21-28, from Balkans, Middle East, South Caucasus countries and Russian Federation
Venue: Rondine, Arezzo, Italy
For 20 years Rondine, in Italy, have been working for peace, proposing an original training program for young people coming from different cultures or from Countries in conflict areas. The program teaches them to understand their own conflict and accept to live with their own enemy.
During a two-year experience, participants deconstruct the idea of the enemy and work actively to develop projects with social, political and economic impact contributing to a peaceful development in their own Countries and in the world.
To achieve these results, students receive high quality training on topics connected to conflict management, improve their communication skills and learn about the necessary methodologies to create concrete opportunities.
In addition to this specific training, students develop a professional and academic, personalized curriculum by attending a university master degree or a high specialization vocational training.
Participants shall be:
- Aged between 21- 28;
- Holder of a Bachelor degree (or obtained before July 2018)
- Sensibility and readiness to work on the topics of conflict of the country of origin and conflicts in general;
- Predisposition to leadership;
- Predisposition to public speaking and communication;
- Predisposition to team and group work and active listening;
- Predisposition to taking on roles of responsibility;
- Predisposition to team building and active involvement;
- Predisposition to civic engagement and volunteering;
- Predisposition to entrepreneurship and social innovation;
- Project-oriented attitude, aiming at implementing social projects upon return to his/her home country;
- Knowledge about civil society and the non- profit sector;
- Sensibility about global sustainability or at least about some of the following topics: climate change, cooperation, welfare, civil and social economy;
- A wish to deal with conflict management, during his/her own personal professional growth.
During the whole period of the participant’s stay, the Association takes responsibility of covering the following costs:
- Cost of the training activities in Rondine;
- Cost of the lodging and board;
- Cost of the academic or vocational training.
Personal expenses are not covered.
How to apply?
Visit http://www.rondine.org/callforparticipants/it/ in order to apply and to find more information about the program.