Deadline: 16 April 2018
Open to: early-stage researchers from any country and of any nationality
Benefits: EUR 2000/month
INVITE is a doctoral programme of the University of Verona with a strong inter-sectoral, interdisciplinary and international disciplinary and international dimension.
The project is co-financed by the European Union within the Horizon 2020 Programme and by the Regione del Veneto. It involves as partner organizations 17 universities and research centers in Europe and beyond, 13 enterprises and organizations from the economic sector, 3 public organizations and 1 network.
The INVITE doctoral programme aims to encourage each student’s intellectual curiosity and support the acquisition of critical thinking skills by training them in the use of innovative theoretical tools and practical methods.
Few restrictions apply to candidates:
- They must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline;
- They must hold a Master’s Degree (Master of Science or Master of Arts) or similar degree equivalent to the Italian Laurea Magistrale or Specialistica that, in their country of origin, grants access to PhD programmes;
- They must not already hold a Ph.D. and must have less than 4 years (full-time equivalent) of research experience.
- Living allowance: EUR 2000/month for 36 months;
- Mobility allowance: EUR 600/month for 36 months;
- Family allowance: EUR 150/month for 36 months for students with family obligations at the deadline of the INVITE call for candidatures.
How to Apply?
The call for candidatures is open from 15 January 2018* to 16 April 2018*.
Applications must be submitted electronically by 16 April 2018 at 2 pm (Central Europe Time)* through a specific platform.
The following documents must be provided:
- application form;
- detailed CV;
- copy of any Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree certificate;
- Diploma Supplement (if available);
- motivation and presentation letter;
- short proposal for a research project within the advertised research areas;
- two reference letters issued by academic professors at the university where the applicant obtained their Master’s Degree.
For more information please visit the official website.