Deadline: 1 March 2018
Open to: students from UK and EU
Scholarship: tuition fees GBP 4,310
The University of York is Departmental Ph.D. Studentship Award for 2018. Scholarship awards are available to students applying to study for an MA or Ph.D. degree at the University of York’s Department of Education.
The University of York is a collegiate plate glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the campus university has expanded to more than thirty departments and centers, covering a wide range of subjects.
- The programmes are open to both UK and overseas students;
- For applications to the MA in Education programme, the Department would ideally expect to see a level of English of at least IELTS 6 (or equivalent) at the point of application;
- See full eligibility criteria on this link.
The award includes the cost of tuition fees (at the Home/EU rate of GBP 4,310 in 2018/19) and an annual stipend (GBP 14,844 in 2018/19) for three years, subject to satisfactory progress. Students will also have access to a research training support grant of up to GBP 750 per annum.
How to Apply?
- Prospective applicants should review the list of project outlines offered by supervisors within the department and identify the study that is most closely aligned with your research interests. Applications from candidates with high-quality research proposals on other research topics with any member of staff in the Department of Education will also be considered. If applicants for the Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics wish to have a lead supervisor in Language and Linguistic Science, they should apply for the Ph.D. studentship in that Department. Thesis Advisory Panel members and 2nd supervisors can be from either Department. Applicants for the Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics should nominate a lead supervisor in the Department of Education;
- Submit an application for one of the Department’s three Ph.D. programmes (Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics, Ph.D. in Education, or Ph.D. in TESOL which should include a research proposal of approximately 1,500 words in length before the deadline of 1 March 2018;
- Email a covering letter to Professor Chris before the deadline of 1 March 2018, stating the following information:
– Name of proposed supervisor;
– Title of project outline your study is most closely aligned with;
– Research center.
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.