Deadline: 31 January 2018
Open to: applicants from 18 to 26 years old
Fee: the participation fee covers the accommodation in Strasbourg as well as breakfasts and lunches, social events and transportation within the city
Model European Union Strasbourg (MEUS) is a unique simulation of EU decision-making and politics that takes place annually in Strasbourg, a city that carries a lot of symbolism in relation to peace and democracy in Europe.
Each year, the conference brings together 200 highly motivated students and young professionals, giving them the exclusive opportunity to have the first-hand experience of the functioning of European institutions right on the premises of the European Parliament. The project is thus completely original in the world of simulations and is already extremely popular among young Europeans from diverse backgrounds, from Law, International Relations, Political Science and European Affairs to History, Media Studies, and Interpreting.
Anyone officially residing on one of the following states is eligible to apply:
- All 28 EU Member States;
- EFTA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland;
- Eastern Partnership Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine;
- Southern Mediterranean Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia;
- Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia;
- Russian Federation;
- The Republic of Turkey;
- The Republic of Macedonia.
- Applicants must be between 18 and 26 years of age throughout the duration of the conference;
- All fields in the application form MUST BE filled in British English, the official language of MEUS 2018. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation.
- In order to participate, you need to have your application submitted and accepted, be able to cover your travel costs both to and from Strasbourg and pay the EUR 150 participation fee (EUR 75 for participants from Strasbourg);
- The participation fee covers the accommodation in Strasbourg as well as breakfasts and lunches, social events and transportation within the city;
- If you need financial support the conference offers to waive the participation fee and reimburse up to EUR 100 of your travel expenses. Download formular to find out more!
How to apply?
In order to apply, please click on this link.
For more information, please visit the official web page.