Deadline: 15 March 2018
Open to: scientists from developing countries
Award: nine prizes of USD 15,000 each
The TWAS Prizes are awarded to individual scientists from developing countries in recognition of an outstanding contribution to scientific knowledge in nine fields of sciences and/or to the application of science and technology to sustainable development. TWAS Prizes, 2018 is offered for Post Doc, Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Agricultural Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Physics and Social Sciences.
- Candidates for a TWAS Prize must be scientists who have been working and living in a developing country for at least ten years immediately prior to their nomination. They must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Scientific research achievement of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought;
- Outstanding contribution to the application of science and technology to sustainable development.
- Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for TWAS Prizes;
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Every year, TWAS awards nine prizes of USD15,000 each in the following fields: agricultural sciences; biology; chemistry; earth, astronomy and space sciences; engineering sciences; mathematics; medical sciences; physics and social sciences*;
- Each prize is accompanied by a medal;
- Prizes are usually presented on a special occasion, often coinciding with the General Meeting of TWAS.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please check the following link.
For more information, please visit the official web page.