Deadline: 18 February 2018
Open to: young enthusiasts with innovative ideas, entrepreneurial spirit and interested in policy-making and impact
Awards: EUR 1500 for the development of the 4 winning projects and a special mYouth award
Have you ever had an idea on how you can change the environment and solve problems, in order to make the society better? Maybe you also have skills on how to use modern technology and you are thinking out-of-the-box? If your answer is yes, you now have the opportunity to participate in #BalkanConnect2018!
As part of marking the first 10 years of its work, the European Fund for the Balkans is organizing policy hackathons — #BalkanConnect2018 — in Belgrade, Skopje, Pristina and Sarajevo. The goal of these unique regional endeavors is to inspire innovative ideas on how to change the Balkan political and social environments. Participants will have the opportunity to meet world-renowned experts, to influence policy making in an innovative way, and to be funded to develop their solutions. Mladiinfo International is proud to be part of #BalkanConnect2018 and together with the European Fund for the Balkans to inspire youth on policy-making! Join us on 8 and 9 March 2018 in Public Room – Skopje and let’s together inspire changes in our society!
Competitors will design and outline an original digital policy tool, and explain how it can affect the problem identified by the team within one of three topics:
- Dream green;
- Hack the corruption, law rulz;
- Read between the lies.
The participants will compete for 1500 EUR award to further develop their ideas, opportunity to pitch their idea in front of policy-making and entrepreneurs at the occasion of 10th anniversary of the European Funds for the Balkans, as well as for a special mYouth price. Through the mYouth project that Mladiinfo is implementing together with partners from Europe, Africa and Asia, three winners will get the chance to participate at the Europe Mobile Apps Hackathon organized in June, 2018 in Austria. During the 8-day Hackathon, they will meet other participants from Austria, Germany, Romania and Poland, as well as will have the chance to gain know-how and to compete further for the European Youth Award. Furthermore, a specialized training will be provided within the field of IT and business development, customized according to your individual capacity building needs of the participants.
- Young enthusiasts with innovative ideas, entrepreneurial spirit and interested in policy-making and impact;
- To participate in this competition, programming skills are not necessary.
- 4 winning projects, one from each of the 4 cities where the competition will be held, will be presented to state officials, businessmen, donors, representatives of civil society and other influential people from the region at the event in Belgrade marking the 10th anniversary of the European Fund for the Balkans;
- For the development of the 4 winning projects, 1500 EUR will be provided;
- Special mYouth award: 3 best solutions will get the chance to participate at the Europe Mobile Apps Hackathon in Austria.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web-page.