Deadline: 14 March 2018
Open to: candidates from African, Caribbean and Pacific or EU States
Benefits: 800 EUR per month for holders of a Bachelor’s degree; 1 000 EUR per month for holders of a Master’s degree
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA’s envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth, and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
CTA is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented intern to help update and implement CTA’s social media strategy.
Are you a passionate user of social media? Are you eager to explore new possibilities and new platforms? Are you able to convey engaging messages tailored for different social media platforms? Do you care about rural development and sustainable food security?
If you can answer yes to these questions, CTA can offer you an exciting opportunity to learn and grow professionally in marketing communications. As part of our new digital team, you will be actively engaged in feeding CTA’s social media channels and help the organization use social media wisely and effectively. You will work closely with our communications and marketing team to assist in updating and implementing our social media strategy. In addition, you will create and post content, animated discussions and participate in content planning. You will interact with other CTA staff to get content and verify accuracy.
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States);
- University (or similar institution of higher education) degree in digital communication, marketing or related discipline;
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum);
- Experience in social media;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French would be an asset;
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed to cover key events in other time zones (e.g. Pacific Islands or the Caribbean);
- Interest in and knowledge of international development is also an asset.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level;
- Internship stipend (EUR 800 per month the or holder of a Bachelor’s degree, EUR 1,000 per month for holder of a Master’s degree);
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre;
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to Apply?
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: [email protected]. Please indicate in the ‘Subject’ of the email the title ‘Internship Social Media’.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA’s activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position;
- Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected. A letter of recommendation and/or references.
For more information please visit the official website.