Deadline: 13 April 2018
Open to: young scientists with a interest in interdisciplinary projects
Scholarship: 16 fully financed Ph.D. positions are offered
The joint graduate program of the Excellence Cluster Cells in Motion (CiM) and the International Max Planck Research School – Molecular Biomedicine (IMPRS-MBM) offers positions to pursue Ph.D. projects in the areas of biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics or computer science. They are looking for young scientists with a vivid interest in interdisciplinary projects to image cell dynamics from the subcellular to the patient level. Ph.D. projects range from the analysis of basic cellular processes to clinical translation, from the application of novel biophysical approaches and the generation of mathematical models to the development of new imaging-related techniques and compounds.
- Cell and Molecular Biology;
- Developmental and Stem Cell Biology;
- Vascular Biology;
- In vivo Imaging;
- High-Resolution Optical Imaging;
- Chemical Biology;
- Label Chemistry;
- Mathematical Modelling;
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree, or equivalent (e.g. German Diploma), in life or natural sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, pharmacy or related fields), in mathematics or computer sciences. Applicants with a state examination in pharmacy can be admitted to work on pharmaceutical/chemical projects. The date of award of the Master’s (or diploma, state examination) degree must not be more than 4 years ago;
- Applications are also welcome if the required degree has not yet been awarded by the time of application. However, it has to be awarded before fellowships commence in October;
- Adequate English proficiency: Applicants who are not native English speakers should demonstrate an adequate competence of the English language by one of the following options: 1) acceptable results in an internationally recognized test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) or 2) proven higher education in English or 3) reasonably long stay in an English speaking country or 4) simply demonstrating your English language abilities during presentations and interviews in Münster. Please note: Although an English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS) is not required it is very important that you CAN communicate well enough in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the German language is not required;
- Students from Münster are also welcome to apply.
- 16 fully financed Ph.D. positions are offered;
- More positions financed by work contracts may be offered depending on availability;
- Excellent scientific and transferable skills training, competitive work contracts or tax-free fellowships, as well as support with administrative matters, accommodation, and visas, are part of the program;
- There are no tuition fees.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.