Deadline: 15 March 2018
Open to: bachelor students across the globe
Awards: win an internship, networking with senior leaders in their business and fly to London
Battle of Minds challenges you to put together a team, form an original business plan and compete with students across the globe. It’s a huge opportunity to show why you’re the future of business, testing your desire to collaborate and determination to win. Research your market, develop a product idea, and your prize will be a prestigious 3-6 month internship at BAT. This will be a paid job, making you an important part of the exciting projects taking place at their company.
All you need to do is show what makes you BAT material. Leadership and desire to be a top-performer are good qualities, but to really succeed in this challenge, you should prove you work well with people who have different abilities and perspectives. They can be friends or classmates; you simply have to team up with students who, like yourself, are driven and possess a variety of business skills. BAT is an international company with employees from all over the world. Their strength, as one of the FTSE5 companies, lies in working together to produce extraordinary, new ideas. Now it’s your turn to do the same!
If you’re a bachelor student, you may sign up to take part in Battle of Minds. Your team must consist of two to three people – no more or less, and they must all be Bachelor students studying in the same country. And when the time comes to present your business plan, all team members must feature together in the video. Please remember, your video must be:
- In English;
- 10GB max – MOV or MP4 file.
Plus, your written document must be provided as evidence of your business plan:
- 2,000 words max;
- In English;
- 5MB max – PDF, DOC or DOCX file.
They will be judging your videos on the following 6 criteria: Strength and originality of your idea; depth of research; business feasibility; business plan quality; presentation skills and teamwork; and a number of votes.
- Win an internship
Join in BAT, learn more with Wolrd-Class professionals for Mentors and get your career off to an incredible start. An internship with BAT will prepare you for the Global Graduate Programme – and from there the Sky is the Limit!
- Make connections
Networking with senior leaders in their business. Gain exposure most people only dream of and meet current interns who will tell you what it’s really like to progress in a highly diverse, global company.
- Fly to London
Winning teams from each global region will visit their International HQ, all-expenses-paid! Come and see how one of the world’s most successful businesses is transforming and industry.
How to Apply?
- First, you register;
- Next is market research;
- Product development should tailor to your audience;
- Imagine you’re an Ops Director;
- Time to get some market share;
- Finally, you need to cost up your business plan;
- Once you’ve completed your business plan, you must pitch it on camera and upload it, along with a written document detailing your entire business plan;
- Once they’ve revived your video, the judges will award points based on the ideas outlined in your business plan. But business is also about reaching out to your community and gaining support. So, after they’ve vetted your video and uploaded it to their website, share it with friends on your social channels and they’ll give you bonus points for any extra votes.
For more information please visit the official website.