Deadline: 29 March 2018; 10 April 2018
Open to: students under the age of 30 from Africa, Asia, and Latin America
Benefits: grant covers tuition fees, accommodation, equipment costs and day-to-day expenses
The Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation was created in 2001 to provide financial support to visual arts students from the continents of Africa, Asia and Latin America wishing to pursue Bachelor or Master studies at ECAV.
Candidates are selected by professors and heads of ECAV partner institutions on the aforementioned continents (Wits University of Johannesburg, Funda College in Soweto; the Rockston Artists Collective Artists Studio part of the Triangle Arts Trust in Lusaka, Zambia, Pro Helvetia Office, etc.), as well as by a panel comprising ECAV professors and members of the Hansjoerg Wyss Foundation.
Grants are awarded on the basis of candidates’ artistic merit and cover Bachelor (Fine Arts) and Master (Master of Arts in Public Spheres) programs.
Applicants for this grant must be:
- Undergraduate and graduate students;
- Under the age of 30;
- From Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- The Wyss grant covers tuition fees, accommodation, equipment costs and day-to-day expenses;
- It is awarded for one year and is renewable based on one of the student’s satisfactory results.
How to Apply?
- Covering letter;
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or head of an art institution;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A portfolio of recent artistic work;
- Copies of qualifications (school-leaving certificate, recognized baccalaureate);
- Copy of passport;
- 1 passport photo.
For enrolment on the Master (MAPS), candidates must also provide:
- a copy of the Bachelor degree from a school of art;
- a research project (1 page) having a connection with the public sphere;
Documents must be sent no later than March 29th, 2018 for the Bachelor program and April 10th , 2018 for the Master program by email to the following address: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.