Deadline: 31 March 2018
Open to: citizens from Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam and China (Yunnan and Guangxi Provinces)
Scholarship: fully funded
The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.Recognized for its multinational, multicultural ethos, the Institute operates as a self-contained international community at its campus located 40km (25 miles) north of downtown Bangkok, Thailand. For applicants who are in need of financial aid, scholarships are awarded on competitive bases.
The Loom Nam Khong Pijai Scholarships are granted by the Royal Thai Government in honor of HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. The aim is to assist human resource development in 6 GMS countries in any field of study related to the following four thematic areas:
- Infrastructure Development;
- Energy Technology;
- Oil, Gas and Natural Resources Development;
- Environmental Engineering and Management.
The scholarship provides an opportunity for students of diverse backgrounds from all countries in Greater Mekong Sub-region to study and do research work together in the truly international environment at AIT and to build a good foundation for international understanding among people of Asia.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizens of Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam and China (Yunnan and Guangxi Provinces);
- Graduated in related fields from an accredited institution;
- Have a good education record in a 4-year undergraduate degree program;
- Have a high proficiency in English as required by AIT;
- Applicants in Thailand can also take the AIT English Test administered by the AIT Language Center;
- From universities with QS Ranking within 1000 or better with cGPA 3.0 and above (or equivalent) or from other universities with cGPA 3.5 and above (or equivalent).
Eligible Regions: Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam and China (Yunnan and Guangxi Provinces)
Each Scholarship award covers tuition and registration fees, accommodation, and a bursary for living expenses in AIT’s residential campus, for the entire period of the 22-month Master Degree program.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official web page.