Deadline: 6 April 2018
Open to: undergraduate, postgrad student, recent graduate, young entrepreneur or industry specialist
Award: all finalists receive an expense-paid trip to San Antonio, TX for the Grand Final
Applications for the COINS Grand Challenge 2018 are now open. The COINS Grand Challenge is a global competition to uncover innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders with ideas that can improve the built environment. It is first and foremost a competition to find new ideas or innovative approaches that will solve problems and enable the construction industry to make a positive impact on society.
Whether you are an undergraduate, postgrad student, recent graduate, young entrepreneur or industry specialist, they want to hear from you if you believe your idea has the potential to help the construction industry and society.
The COINS Grand Challenge consists of two competitions (Undergraduate and Open), each with 2 challenges that are aimed at encouraging innovators and entrepreneurs to come forward with new ideas and approaches to help improve the construction industry for the benefit of the industry and society. The competitions focus on areas that address global challenges facing the construction industry.
- Challenge 1 – New and Emerging Technologies
- Challenge 2 – Leadership
- The applicant must present a clear case for how their idea will address one of the three challenges;
- The applicant must speak English fluently;
- The applicant must be 18 years of age or older on 1st September 2017;
- The applicant must be able to attend the Grand Final on Tuesday 5th June 2018;
- The applicant must be able to obtain legal entry to the USA for judging if selected as a finalist;
- The idea must be able to be applied to the construction industry;
- Applications may be prepared and submitted by a team. However, only one member of the team may present the idea at the Grand Final if the application is successful.
- All finalists receive an expense-paid trip to San Antonio, TX for the Grand Final;
- All reasonable traveling, accommodation and food expenses will be provided to the Grand Finalists in order for them to attend the Grand Final. All and any other expenses incurred shall not be included as part of this prize.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.