Deadline: 6 April 2018
Open to: researchers from Ukraine and Bulgaria
Salary: 34,422 GBP
The University Research Centre for Parallel Computing (CPC) at the University of Westminster is looking for three Research Associates in Cloud Computing to carry out research within the EU funded H2020 CloudiFacturing (Cloudification of Production Engineering for Predictive Digital Manufacturing) and COLA (Cloud Orchestration at the Level of Application) projects. CloudiFacturing is bringing and progressing advanced ICT in the field of cloud-based modeling and simulation, data analytics for online factory data, and real-time support to European manufacturing SMEs. COLA defines and provides a reference implementation of a generic and pluggable framework that supports the optimal and secure deployment and run-time orchestration of cloud applications. The researchers will carry out tasks in relation to the development of novel cloud orchestration solutions, specifically targeting and supporting application developers, and will support manufacturing companies in the development of cloud-based solutions. Successful candidates will also be expected to contribute in writing project deliverables and research papers related to the project.
- Post-Graduate Degree or Professional Qualification;
- Ph.D. or the equivalent in professional qualifications and experience (or working towards this);
- Teaching Qualification.
- High-level analytical capability;
- Knowledge of relevant research models, techniques, and methods;
- Ability to communicate information clearly;
- Ability to encourage commitment to learning in others;
- Ability to assess and organized resources.
- Fully committed to contributing to a stimulating learning and working environment which is supportive and fair, based on mutual respect and trust, and in which harassment and discrimination are neither tolerated nor acceptable.
The salary for this job will be 34,422 GBP.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Download Job Application Form;
Step 2: Complete the application using Microsoft Word and save it on your computer. You can complete the application form offline and return here later to upload it;
Step 3: Complete online registration;
Step 4: Upload your completed application form;
Step 5: Upload any additional documents that you would like to submit in support of your application;
For informal inquiries and further information please contact Dr Tamas Kiss ([email protected]).
For more information please visit the official website.