Deadline: 31 May 2018
Open to: nationals of the 18 CEI Member States
Award: professional journalists – 4.000 EUR; young professional journalists – 1.000 EUR;
The CEI and the South East Europe Media Organisation (SEEMO), in special partnership with the Media Program South East Europe of the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS), have opened the Call for Applications 2018 of the CEI SEEMO Award for Outstanding Merits in Investigative Journalism. The Call is divided into two categories:
- Professional Journalists
- Young Professional Journalist
This year they celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Award, which was launched in 2008 with the aim to honour the work carried out by investigative journalists and their contribution to investigative reporting despite the difficult conditions under which they often have to operate.
Applications will be examined by an international jury made up of distinguished journalists and media experts from the region, which may also include winners of previous editions of the Award. The jury will meet In Trieste on 29 June 2018 while the awarding ceremony will take place during the South East Europe Media Forum (SEEMF) in Tirana, Albania, on 15-16 November 2018.
The Call is open to nationals of the 18 CEI Member States: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine. Print, Radio, TV, news agencies and Internet media are admitted.
- For Category 1, candidates should have been actively engaged in investigative reporting over the last two years and should still be active in journalism. Two samples of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury;
- For Category 2, candidates should have been actively involved in investigative reporting, even in the context of training activities organised by schools/universities/NGOs and, as a result, should have published at least one investigative story meeting all professional standards. One sample of journalistic work will be relevant for the evaluation by the jury.
The Call is divided into two categories: “Professional journalists” (4.000 EUR) and “Young professional journalists” (1.000 EUR).
The Award aims at honoring the work carried out by investigative journalists and their contribution to investigative reporting despite the difficult conditions under which they often have to operate. Since its establishment in 2008, the CEI SEEMO Award has contributed to promoting quality investigative reporting in Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe, providing recognition and visibility to the work of remarkable journalists from the region.
How to Apply?
Candidates shall fill in the Online Application Form
The following documents in PDF format shall be uploaded:
- Curriculum Vitae (personal and professional data sheet according to Europass format or similar);
- A recommendation letter;
- Up to three samples of journalistic work in a single PDF document (minimum two samples in Category 1, one sample in Category 2). For online work samples, insert hyperlinks in a PDF document, or print out online articles in a PDF file. Hyperlinks need to be accessible at least until 15 July 2018. In case of audio/video material, please upload the files making use of file-sharing services (e.g. WeTransfer or Dropbox) including a script or scenario. Material prepared in local languages should be accompanied by a short summary in English.