Deadline: 22 April 2018
Open to: citizens or residents of Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, or the United States of America, self-identify as female, possess fluency in English
Venue: 12– 25 August 2018 in Tbilisi, Georgia
Join other girls from around the world for a unique educational opportunity and rich cross-cultural experience at the 2018 WiSci Girls STEAM Camp held in Georgia between August 12 – August 25, 2018. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Design, and Mathematics. The camp will include a STEAM curriculum led by experts in their fields, as well as leadership development activities and learning excursions within Georgia.
The camp will bring together 100 high school girls from Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and the United States to work together to enhance their STEAM skills, craft their leadership potential, and build camaraderie and networks that will propel them to new opportunities. Campers will have the opportunity to learn how to develop mobile applications, coding skills, learn about microbiology and more. The camp is hosted by The U.S. Department of State’s Office of Global Partnerships, the Millennium Challenge Corporation and Girl Up with Intel and Google.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, or the United States of America, self-identify as female, possess fluency in English, and have completed at least one year of secondary school with at least one year of secondary school remaining;
- Campers must be between the ages of 15-18 by August 2018 to apply.
- All selected participants will receive a scholarship to attend the camp free of charge;
- All costs associated with lodging, food, and activities during the camp are covered through the support of WiSci partners, in addition to transportation to/from the capital city of your home country (origin of departure);
- Limited need-based financial assistance is available for direct costs associated with travel to the capital city to fly to the camp.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application forms:
For more information, please visit the official web page.