Deadline: 10 May 2018
Open to: individual or organization from any country
Award: trip to the United States; USD 25,000 prize
The 29th anniversary of the 2018 Roger N. Baldwin Medal is now accepting nominations. Nominations for individuals who have shown an exceptional commitment to international human rights advocacy are highly encouraged.
The areas of focus might be (among others):
- Defense of civil society;
- Protection of refugees;
- Combating of antisemitism and other forms of extremism;
- Promotion of religious freedom;
- Defense of the rights of LGBT persons;
- Advancement of accountability for human rights abuse.
The criteria to consider and include when nominating an individual or organization are as follows:
- The nominee’s work is unique or particularly distinctive;
- The nominee’s work has been effective in advancing human rights in a country other than the United States;
- The nominee faces risk or insecurity as a result of their work;
- The nominee would benefit significantly from receiving the Baldwin Award, in the form of enhanced protection, or in any other way;
- Open for all (Except for Individuals and Organisations from the United States).
The Winners will receive:
- A trip to the United States to engage in advocacy;
- A USD 25,000 prize.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.