Deadline: 10 May 2018
Open to: international male candidates
Benefits: fly tickets, accommodation, meal and monthly expense allowance
This is a perfect volunteer role for getting into international development. You will change the lives of many Ethiopian teenagers forever.
The Programme Manager is to provide a structured and disciplined environment and to be a role model for students.
In addition to student welfare, the Programme Managers are working to ensure the smooth running of the EEF programme overall.
- House Parent to 20 boys aged 13 to 18 (male applicants only);
- Budget/ expenses management (this is a key factor);
- Weekly reporting to Head Office in London;
- Hostel maintenance management/coordination with external contractors;
- Student Selection – Playing a key part during the selection process for the scholars for the 2018/19 intake. This involves hosting entrance exams, writing candidate evaluation reports and managing assessment centers;
- Liaison with external parties – Represent EEF with external agencies and our 15 feeder schools;
- Daily liaison with the main partner school;
- Organizing extra-curricular activities and workshops for students;
- University Graduates aged over 25;
- Previous experience in education or working with disadvantaged teenagers is a distinct advantage;
- Excellent English both written and spoken;
- Self-sufficient and independent individual;
- Disciplined work ethic and the clear understanding of the benefit of structure and ground rules within a hostel environment;
- Highly organized with excellent report writing skills and precise financial management (MS Word and Excel);
- A passion for education.
Initial interviews will be held on SKYPE.
- En-suite private facilities at the Hostel;
- Live-in position with all meals included;
- One return flight to Europe included per annum;
- Monthly expense allowance;
- An experience of a lifetime.
How to Apply?
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, outlining why you think you would be suitable for this position, to Achim Kram ([email protected]).
For more information please visit the official website.