Deadline: 26 April 2018
Open to: artists and technologists from Hungary, Poland, Romania and Bulgaria
Benefits: all travel, accommodation, meals are covered
Are you passionate about driving social change? Are you excited about multidisciplinary collaborations? Do you want to make real-world impact?
In Fine Acts Labs, teams of artists and technologists work together over a weekend to prototype ideas that raise awareness or contribute to solutions for a specific issue. A jury then awards the best ideas with grants for further development.
The next edition of Fine Acts Labs will take place in Sofia, Bulgaria (7-11 June 2018) and will focus on the issue of shrinking space for civil society in Europe. You do not need to be an expert in the issue, or to have done any previous work on the subject, to be selected as a fellow.
- Open to artists and technologists, who are citizens of Hungary, Poland, Romania or Bulgaria;
- Anyone over the age of 18 to apply;
- Artists with experience in developing, executing and exhibiting artworks (visual arts, film, design, performing arts, music and beyond);
- Technologists, including but not limited to engineers, innovators, hackers, developers and tech-savvy people with a wide range of skills (software, design, product development, VR, AR, gaming, and beyond);
- participate in the next edition of Fine Acts Labs – a unique event exploring the intersection of human rights, art and technology;
- have the opportunity to win up to 5000 EUR in grant money to develop your idea;
- receive year-long mentoring and support for your project;
- join a vibrant and diverse international community of visionaries and rising stars.
How to Apply?
Embrace the opportunity to experiment with a unique format, work with purpose, use your skills for social good, have impact, meet awesome people and have fun!
For more information please visit the official website.