Deadline: 15 May 2018
Open to: participants from Western Balkan countries
Venue: 25 – 29 June 2018, Belgrade, Serbia
The Leadership Academy for Development (LAD) is an executive-level training program that trains government officials and business sector leaders from developing countries to help the private sector be a constructive force for economic growth and development. The program is offered in partnership with Stanford University’s Center on Democracy, Development and the Rule of Law (CDDRL), and University of Belgrade – Faculty of Political Sciences (FPS Belgrade).
The “Role of Public Policy in Private Sector Development” workshop is an intensive, five-day, executive-level training program that will teach selected participants how to be effective reform leaders, promoting sound public policies in complex and contentious settings. The LAD Program in Serbia will be led by CDDRL Mosbacher Director, Francis Fukuyama of Stanford University and Michael Bennon, Managing Director at the Stanford Global Projects Center.
During the program, participants will work to acquire an analytical framework necessary to promote private sector growth through public policies. Students will learn how to be successful reformers and leaders by analyzing stakeholders, sequencing actions, managing conflicts and building coalitions. In order to do so, policymakers must have a solid grasp of country-specific economic, financial, political and cultural realities.
- Experience in the field of political science, economics, social science, or international economic relations;
- Applicants should be mid-career practitioners, with at least five years or more of working experience;
- In their present capacity, applicants should play important and influential roles in their country’s political, economic, and social development. Applicants can be working as policy-makers, business sector leaders/entrepreneurs, academics and leaders of civil
society (such as representatives of trade unions, nongovernmental organizations, the media, business and professional associations);
- Good command of English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work in teams.
- The cost for participation in the program will be 200 EUR;
- Costs of travel, accommodation, and meals throughout the program will be covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please read the official call.