Deadline: 7 May 2018
Open to: young African researchers
Grants: 1,500 EUR
The Université Fédérale de Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées (UFTMIP) collaborates with a sponsor in order to give the opportunity to open a call for Travel Grants to support 28 Young African researchers (or exceptionally research administrators) with their travel, registration and accommodation costs to attend ESOF 2018 in Toulouse (9-14 July 2018).
Applicants should be:
- A national of an African country;
- Working preferably on the African continent;
- Active in research (universities, research institutes, companies) or exceptionally research administration;
- Preferably having a PhD;
- Under the age of 35;
- Proficient in English.
Please keep in mind that the grant would consist of a lump sum of 1,500 EUR / grantee. Depending on travel arrangements, this amount might not cover the total costs incurred. The grant aims to cover:
- Travel costs to Toulouse;
- Visa fees;
- Registration fee to ESOF 2018;
- Accommodation in Toulouse (students residence);
- Local transportation and meal costs;
The administration (logistical arrangements and reimbursement) will be managed by the UFTMIP, in accordance with its official travel regulations:
- Travel costs, registration fees, accommodation and meal costs (in student residence) will be covered directly by UFTMIP;
- A public transportation card as necessary will be provided by the ESOF 2018 organisation;
- Visa fees and other eligible costs would be reimbursed after presentation of feedback report and upon submission of a detailed invoice (see point 5).
Please note that the grants will be confirmed after the financial agreement of the sponsor has been signed.
How to Apply?
To submit your application you must register here.
Sign into the EuroScience Conference and Membership Platform to create your profile. Click on “Apply for a Grant” and click on ‘Travel Grants for African Young researchers’. Follow the application procedure.
Please be aware of the following documents which are required to upload:
- A filled out word questionnaire;
- CV (maximum 2 pages A4);
- a letter of recommendation (max 1/2 page A4) from e.g. a dean, an employer or supervisor – to be uploaded as a supporting document.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
All candidates will be informed by e-mail whether or not their application has been accepted during the 1st week of June 2018.
The deadline for applications for travel grants is Monday, the 7th May 2018, 12 am CEST (UTC+2 hours).
For more information please visit the official website.