Deadline: 14 May 2018
Open to: applicants be at least 18 years of age
Benefits: traveling, living and working in Iceland
WOW air is now accepting applications for a 3 month paid summer job, where you will move to Iceland and travel the world with your best friend. Your mission will be to explore some of WOW air’s 38 destinations and document your travels to create a complete digital Travel Guide.
- Food: Find out the local secrets
- Culture: How to act like a local
- Nightlife: When and where to go…
- Nature: Wildlife, parks and beaches
- Transport: Uber, metro or bike?
- Budget: Discover ways to stay on budget
- Vlogs showcasing each destination
- Instagram stories with handy travel tips
- Photographs that frame your experience
- Any other form of creative media you can think of
- A complete digital travel guide to the destinations
- Moving to Iceland with your best friend (June 1st – August 15th)
- Living and working in downtown Reykjavik, Iceland
- Flying out to explore new countries all summer long
- Sampling the best each destination has to offer
- Earn money while having fun
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age and of legal age according to your home country legislation;
- Only individuals can take part in the Travel Guide project. Companies, organizations, and WOW air employees are not permitted to take part;
- Individuals must have a Facebook account to participate;
- The applicant must have a good command of the English language and be able to express yourself and your ideas clearly in English;
- By applying for the Travel Guide project you acknowledge that you are not employed by, contracted to or otherwise associated with any other airline anywhere in the world and that your participation in the project does not infringe with other contractual obligations of yours;
- You must ensure that you are in good physical and mental health and, if requested by WOW air, prove that there is no medical, psychological or additional condition, injury or illness that could affect or hinder your participation in the Travel Guide project. You assert and warrant that you are not a user of any prohibited drug or substance;
- Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like methods of participation will void all entries by such methods, WOW air reserves the right to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these terms and conditions.
- Weeks of travel with flights, hotels, activities and travel allowance all paid for by WOW air. Travel Guides will also gain social media exposure and hopefully some priceless memories;
- Accommodation in Iceland: Travel Guides will stay at a furnished apartment in downtown Reykjavík, while in Iceland;
- Hotels: WOW air will be taking care of choosing, booking and paying for Travel Guide hotels or other overnight accommodations when they are traveling on behalf of WOW air in connection with the Travel Guide project;
- Flights: Flights will be provided by WOW air from and to WOW air’s destinations of the summer of 2018. If the Travel Guide’s domicile isn’t in one of WOW air’s destination cities the then Travel Guide is responsible for all travel expenses for the journey to the nearest WOW air’s destination;
- Travel allowance: Each person will receive EUR 3.303 per month;
- Travel Guides will take 8 trips to random WOW air destinations from Iceland. Each trip will last for 2-4 days. Travel Guides will also take at least 4 domestic trips in Iceland. All trips will be taken over the course of 10 weeks during the summer of 2018.
How to Apply?
The application process is simple:
- Fill the application form;
- Create a video between 60-120 seconds long;
- Upload your video;
- Link all social media links (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter and other if applicable).
Before applying read the Terms and Conditions.
For more information please visit the official website.