Deadline: 20 June 2018
Open to: international artists and creators from different fields
Award: 4.000 EUR production grant
In its second year, TESLA Award opens up for international artists and creators from different fields!
TESLA Award (Transdisciplinary Experimental Slovenian Art Award) is a new competition focusing on new and progressive art forms in the field of transdisciplinary or intermedia art. Its mission is to provide optimal conditions for selected artists to research, produce and present an entirely new artwork under the mentorship of MoTA – Museum of Transitory Art and each year’s partners. The aim of the award is to improve the conditions of artistic production in the field of transdisciplinary / intermedia art, in response to the growing interest in research-based practices in Slovenia and broader Eastern European region.
This year TESLA partners with Artbat Fest in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and Bellastock from Paris, to support two public space works to be installed in Almaty. TESLA 2018 is looking for innovative public space projects on the topic of Water Stream.
What kind of projects?
Ideas for outdoor artworks that use water as a structural element or that reflect on the importance of water in cities. The artworks can incorporate the existing waters and water structures of Almaty (for example, the Aryk channels, fountains, rivers and other forms of water in the city center). The artworks will be installed in public spaces near the water structures or in them (for example in the water streams, lakes, etc.) if appropriate.
The award also welcome proposals that involve DIY tactics, reused, repurposed or upcycled materials and discarded resources. For photos and maps of locations, please contact: [email protected]
The Artbat Fest will take place between 24th August until the end of September 2018. This open call is referring to works to be produced and finished in time for the opening event.
This call is open to individuals or groups working across any artforms and/or technologies.
- Applicants should either have an established background in their respective fields and/or explain how this opportunity will assist the development of a new project;
- Proposals for new works are welcomed;
- Aiming to support creators from Eastern Europe (Baltics, Poland, Balkan countries) & ex Republics of the Soviet Union (Georgia, Armenia, Moldavia, etc.).
Winning proposals will be awarded with a 4.000 EUR production grant.
How to apply?
Make sure to read the terms and conditions before applying.
Online submission form.
Complete applications must include the following:
- Resume – including contact information, maximum 6.000 characters;
- Project Proposal: visualisation of the project (1-2 images that illustrate the project clearly); a detailed project concept, including a timeline/frame of production and a technical sketch, maximum 2-page PDF. Please, also confirm you are able to build & implement the project yourself or in case of needed support, please describe what you will need;
- Project Budget proposal – with a breakdown of how you will spend the 4000 EUR budget, maximum 1 PDF page;
- References – including CV & examples of previous work, that will help us better understand the proposal and your practice.
For more information please visit the official website.