Deadline: varies by the conferences available
Open to: varies by region
Grant: varies by region
Google believes a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves the opportunity to pursue a career in computer science and technology, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, disability or military service. To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in computer science from attending leading tech conferences, they’re excited to offer Google Travel and Conference Grants for selected conferences in Computer Science and related fields. Grants are available in North America for all traditionally underrepresented groups in technology (including, but not limited to, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, persons with disabilities, women and veterans), in Europe for women in technology, in India and in Africa for students who have their research papers accepted at top-tier conferences in Computer Science and related areas.
Grant eligibility varies by region, so please review the information below on the region-specific pages (follow the links below for each region). Grants will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review. Every applicant will be notified of their status according to the time frames specified for the region.
To encourage attendance at technical conferences, Google will provide selected recipients:
- Free conference registration;
- North America: A 500 USD reimbursement to retroactively be used toward airfare and accommodation costs (will be awarded after the conference);
- Europe: Up to 1000 EUR towards travel and accommodation costs (will be paid after the conference);
- India: An award in the range of 1000 – 3,000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and other related expenses;
- Africa: An award in the range of 1000 to 3000 USD that will cover conference registration, travel, accommodation and related expenses. Grant amount depends on cost for the international conference;
- Japan & South Korea: Up to 3000 USD towards air tickets and lodging cost (will be paid after the conference). Grant amount depends on cost for the international conference.
How to apply?
The application procedure varies by region. To apply visit the links for each region:
For more information please visit the official website.