Deadline: 31 May 2018
Open to: final year master students and PhD students from Western Balkan countries
Venue: 1 – 7 July 2018 Fojnica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The 14th Regional Summer School will be organized by REIC in collaboration with „German Development Cooperation“ – GIZ Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit.
The School will take place in Fojnica (Bosnia and Herzegovina) from the 1st – 7th of July 2018. Official language of the School is English.
The Summer School is thematically dedicated to low emission development with special focus on energy efficiency and renewable sources, as well as urban planning in terms of transport. Students will be led through a way of thinking from global to local. In this sense students will be able to understand key global concepts in terms of low emission development and which tools on the local level should be developed. Therefore the school will cover core elements for low emission development from different sectors:
- Energy production;
- Public sector;
The specific focus of the school is developing a policy approach towards a sustainable energy turn in Western Balkan countries in the context of Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation. Both environmental and social aspects of energy planning will be considered with a special focus on social benefits (job creation, energy security improvement, and environmental benefits).
Students will work in smaller groups and they will be asked to propose a project idea out of one of the four sectors in the context of low emission development. Thus students will develop a project proposal based on PCM methodology. The methodology is under use in vast funding programs, and especially in EU funded programs.
Therefore students will everyday work on a certain aspect of the methodology which encompasses following chapters:
- Problem definition;
- Analysis of stakeholders;
- Problem analysis – development of problem tree;
- Goal analysis;
- Strategic approach;
- Logical Framework Analysis;
- Budget and Dynamic Plan.
- Strengthening knowledge about project development;
- Educational support to master and Ph.D. students in the field of RES and EE;
- Enhancement of interdisciplinary approach to sustainable energy issue and climate change mitigation;
- Dissemination of best practice on energy conservation and renewable energy;
- Capacity building of renewable energy promotion on the regional level as an element of sustainable development in the region;
- Enhancement of dissemination of information on potentials of RES using a common platform.
- Officers working in municipalities in SEE Europe;
- Final year master students and Ph.D. students wanting to pursue a professional career in the relevant field;
- Young policy-makers and civil servants from governmental institutions, embassies, and international organizations;
- NGOs and development aid associations;
- Mid-career professionals from energy companies.
There is no participation fee.
The organizers will provide full fellowship for all 20 participants. The full fellowship includes costs of full board accommodation and study visit. Only cost of transport have to be covered by participants themselves.
Targeted number of participants is 20.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, please send CV (in English) to [email protected].
You may attach additional supporting documents (e.g. Letter of motivation, obtained certificates/degrees, photo etc.)
For more information please visit the official website.