Deadline: 29 June 2018
Open to: international applicants
Scholarships: covered campus accommodation, monthly stipend
One 3-year Ph.D. scholarship is available at the School of English at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) with expected starting dates of September 2018. They are seeking hardworking and talented candidates in the area of intercultural communication to apply.
- Applicants must have a first class honors undergraduate degree or 65% and above for a Masters’ degree from a British university or the equivalent from other institutions;
- Applicants must meet the required English language proficiency for the relevant subject area.
- Tuition fee;
- On-campus accommodation for a Ph.D. candidate only (accommodation type is based on availability);
- Monthly stipend (around 457.41469 EUR);
- Medical insurance with designate providers;
- All above items are covered for up to 36 months based on satisfactory progression.
How to Apply?
- A completed application form (all fields filled);
- A research proposal;
- Copies of degree certificates for undergraduate and postgraduate studies (Xueli certificates are required too for applicants from Chinese universities);
- Official transcripts with marks for all individual modules/courses from undergraduate and postgraduate studies (with official university stamp);
- English language test score (IELTS/ PTE academic) (not required for native English speakers);
- Two references (must be emailed directly by the referees);
- A copy of ID or passport (both sides of an ID card required);
- An electronic copy of a passport-sized photo taken within three months of this application;
- A copy of your Masters’ dissertation, or a published paper or conference paper, or a sample of your module assignment.
Please email scanned copies of the following documents to PHDadmissions@nottingham.edu.cn by 16:00 (China time) on 29th June 2018. All documents must be in English. If original documents are not in English, a translated English version is required in addition to the original one. An application missing any of the following document (except for English language score) is incomplete and will not be considered.
For more information please visit the official website.