Deadline: 14 June 2018
Open to: applicants that are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme, are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme in instructional design, educational technology, adult education, communication, data visualization, media production, programme evaluation or other related areas from an accredited college or university
Benefits: monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450 EUR
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning and training for the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, coordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
- Are enrolled in a Master’s or in a Ph.D. programme; or
- Are enrolled in the final year of a Bachelor’s programme; or
- Are within one year after graduation from a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. programme. in instructional design, educational technology, adult education, communication, data visualization, media production, programme evaluation or other related areas from an accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience is not required. Previous experience in Moodle or other LMS is an asset;
- Portfolio or evidence of skills is highly desirable.
- Fluency (written and oral) in English;
- Fluency in another UN official language is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite;
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools;
- Video editing experience is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally;
- Take initiatives and follow through a project independently;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at 450 EUR. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- A portfolio of previous work achievements related to your major field would be highly desirable, though not required. (e.g. video production samples, media coverage of projects, papers etc).
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02.
Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship vacancy announcement 002″
For more information, please read the official call.