Deadline: 31 August 2018
Open to: professional journalists from developing countries and emerging markets
Fellowship: covered all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses
The Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships are six-month professional fellowships offered once a year to professional journalists from developing countries and emerging markets. Friendly Fellows work full time at U.S. host news organizations while developing their journalism skills.
Friendly Fellows learn to:
- Improve skills in gathering information, interviewing and writing;
- Add social perspective to business and political reporting;
- Write more balanced news articles, more polished feature stories and more in-depth analytical pieces;
- Improve written and spoken English;
- Become more vigorous and confident journalists;
- Gain insight into American culture, business, and politics.
- An early-career professional journalist from developing countries with proficiency in English can apply for a six-month fellowship;
- Applications should be 25-35 years old;
- Applicants should have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online or broadcast media outlet.
The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses. It is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members may visit, they cannot accompany the fellow for the duration of the fellowship.
How to Apply?
re information please visit the official website.