Deadline: 1 October 2018
Open to: all students enrolled in a course of secondary, tertiary or post-graduate practical education/training
Award: the winner will be awarded with cash prizes
The Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship is an annual initiative, open to all students enrolled in a course of secondary, tertiary or post-graduate practical education/training. Each year students will be invited to explore issues touching on the intersection of immigration, law, social justice, and multiculturalism.
The topic for the inaugural Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers Scholarship is: Immigration lawyers acting for asylum seekers are “unAustralian”.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a course of secondary or tertiary education or otherwise a postgraduate course of practical training required for qualification in any given vocation/profession.
- (a) must be capable of being read/viewed/engaged with online;
- (b) must be original content and not published anywhere else;
- (c) must not be offensive or defamatory.
The winner shall be awarded:
- USD 1,000; and
- an additional USD 1,000 donated to their choice of:
- community legal center;
- any non-profit that assists immigrants.
How to Apply?
Submit your entry and evidence of enrolment to [email protected] with the subject heading “Scholarship Submission 2018”. Large files may need to be provided via a file sharing service such as OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive etc or posted at:
Global Mobility Immigration Lawyers
580 Church Street
Richmond VIC 3121
Your submission should include the following information:
- your name;
- your university/school/college/TAFE etc;
- your course;
- your year level;
- your email address and telephone number*
*Entrants under 18 must provide their submissions via a teacher at their school, and contact details should be those of the relevant teacher responsible, not the student.
For more information please visit the official website.