Deadline: 30 September 2018
Open to: international prospective doctoral researchers
Scholarships: 1.365 EUR – per month
The BGHS is offering six scholarships for international prospective doctoral researchers.
The project description is a central element of your application. It gives you the opportunity to present your research project to the BGHS selection committee and awaken interest in your project. Furthermore, it is the primary basis on which the decision is made whether or not you will be invited to a personal interview.
During the selection procedure, all project descriptions are carefully reviewed and evaluated by experts in the field. Evaluations are based solely on the project description. The anonymous procedure should ensure that research projects are assessed on their own merit alone
in this phase, the evaluators receive no further information about applicants. Therefore, your project description must not include your name or any other information which might reveal something about your personality.
- Applicants must hold a degree in the social sciences or the humanities, e.g. in history, sociology, social anthropology, political science, didactics of social sciences, gender studies, Inter-American Studies (IAS) or History, Philosophy and Sociology of Science (HPSS);
- Since courses in the degree programme may be conducted in either English or German, you must have proficient skills in one of these two languages;
The duration of the scholarship is three years and includes a stipend of 1.365 EUR- per month.
How to Apply?
- Short profile (template);
- Covering letter (600 words max.) (guidelines);
- Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.), (guidelines);
- Project description (guidelines);
- University degree documents (BA degree certificate + BA transcript and MA degree certificate + MA transcript or a statement from your examination office that you have successfully completed your Master’s studies. All your grades, including the grade for your Master’s thesis, must be displayed in this statement.);