Deadline: 22 July 2018
Open to: young producers, programmers, presenters, curators, dramaturgs and critics from ASEAN countries (Southeast Asia) or Japan
Benefits: international round-trip air ticket, travel insurance, accommodation, tickets of shows
Are you an emerging producer/ programmer/presenter / curator/dramaturg/ critic who is looking for opportunities to see many different remarkable artistic works in and from Asia? Do you want to meet local key persons, understand various local contexts, get into professional, transnational networks and create your own working relationship for projects in the near future? Then this program is designed for you!
What is Next Generation: Producing Performing Arts?
It is a program for young generation, who work with artists and connect them as well as their works with the audience and society in the field of contemporary performing arts in ASEAN countries and Japan.
A group of participants, maximum of ten (10) people, will visit three (3) festivals of contemporary performing arts, one in ASEAN countries, one outside Asia and one in Japan. In the third place to visit participants are expected to present their ideas and thoughts in any forms.
Contents of the Program
- The program consists of three trips with the same group to three different platforms/venues;
- Each trip is programmed through visiting performances, meetings with artists and professionals, as well as discussions within the group including orientation and feedback meetings;
- In the third trip there will be an opportunity to present or share any ideas or thoughts of the participants with the audience;
- All participants must be articulate and fluent in English;
- In each trip one local coordinator and one Japan Foundation staff will accompany the group.
- Young producers, programmers, presenters, curators, dramaturgs and critics, who are active and working with commitment in the contemporary performing arts field with at least some assisting experiences, based in one of ASEAN countries (Southeast Asia) or Japan;
- Open-minded and highly motivated to be confronted with something unfamiliar and experimental as well as interested in transnational collaboration;
- Those who are capable to find or define their challenges by themselves;
- Those who can participate throughout the whole process of the Program;
- Those who can communicate about their activities and visions in English.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: This program is not designed for established professionals.
The Japan Foundation Asia Center will provide the following:
- International round-trip air ticket of discount economy class between participant’s residential city and the city of platforms to visit;
- travel insurance;
- per diem;
- tickets of shows to visit for the duration of the program.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Participants are requested to cover travel expenses between their residence and nearest airports as well as any fees unrelated to the program by themselves.
How to Apply?
- Complete the Application Form;
- Attach the latest resume (Word or PDF file);
- Attach Portrait photo (Image file);
- Email application with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 22, 2018;
- Set email subject as [Application for Next Generation 2018 / your complete name].
Participants will be selected by the Japan Foundation Asia Center in Tokyo.
Successful applicants will be informed by email by early August 2018
For more information please visit the official website.