Deadline: 22 July 2018
Open to: young people betwen 18-28 years old
Benefits: fully funded
The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a unique educational programme which brings together young people from all over Europe, to discuss current topics in a parliamentary setting. The EYP is a non-partisan and independent programme. The EYP is a network consisting of 40 European associations and organizations, in which thousands of young people are active in a voluntary capacity. With its international, national and regional sessions it reaches out to ca. 30 000 young people all over Europe every year. The international umbrella organization of the EYP is the Schwarzkopf Foundation, hosting the International Office of the EYP.
The European Youth Parliament is offering two full-time volunteer position at its International Office in Berlin. The organization is looking for applicants who would like to gain professional experience in the operations of an international NGO for the duration of 12 months/6 months.
The volunteers will support the work of the EYP International Office:
- August 2018 (as soon as possible) until January 31, 2019, for a duration of 5-6 months
- August 2018 (as soon as possible) until July 31, 2019, for a duration of 12 months
- February 2019 until January 2020, for a duration of 12 months
You will support the Project Managers of the EYP team in the following areas:
- Practical preparations for events, especially our governance events (EYP Board of National Committees and Governing Body);
- Assisting with communications tasks: curating EYP’s presence in social media and EYP website, helping to develop printed materials such as brochures, flyers, and annual report;
- Supporting knowledge exchange among EYP’s national committees;
- Helping to coordinate training and webinars;
- Drafting and revising of reports and funding applications;
- Supporting the work of the EYP international office;
- Preparing and updating databases;
- Preparing and administering evaluations and polls;
- Participant management for the International Sessions;
- Practical preparations for events;
- Other tasks – depending on your talents, on current projects and events.
- Good knowledge of English;
- Good communication skills;
- Previous experience in office work;
- Good team spirit;
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word (including serial letters);
- Experience in EYP (not obligatory);
- Loads of enthusiasm and motivation;
- Interest in the aims of the organization.
- Receive a financial contribution to your travel costs from the place of origin to Germany and back;
- Receive 350 EUR/month as pocket money and food allowance;
- Be provided with free accommodation;
- Be reimbursed for the costs of a monthly public transportation ticket;
- Get a reimbursement of up to 200 EUR for a language course, textbooks or dictionaries;
- Receive health insurance, third party liability insurance as well as general accident insurance;
- Have a chance to join an On-Arrival-Training and a Midterm-Meeting, which are organized by the national agency for the EVS volunteers in Germany.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.