Deadline: 1 September 2018
Open to: citizens for Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan and the United Kingdom
Benefits: fully funded
SEAΔ is a program co-created by Mekong Cultural Hub and British Council which creates space for cultural practitioners to reflect on how their work in arts and culture can contribute to sustainable development within South East Asia through their individual and collective leadership.
Each year 10 Fellows from 10 countries: Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan and the United Kingdom are selected.
The program has 4 main gatherings spread over a one-year period where Fellows get together. Each gathering takes place in a different country and has a unique purpose: exchange, create, share then reflect.
- Committed to a career in arts and culture (with at least 5-10 years existing experience in the sector);
- Are already engaging with social and development issues through your work in the arts and culture;
- Are active and engaged in the arts sector in your home country;
- Have led other people to realise projects or programs in your home country (this can be informal);
- Have some experience of working with regional peers/partners (whether at home or abroad);
- Be able to communicate comfortably in English (speaking and listening essential, and basic reading and writing for email communication needed) which will be the shared language of the program.
Applicants from Taiwan must also:
- Have an existing connection to SEA culture sector, and a clear desire and intention to grow their collaborations with SEA;
- Be culturally sensitive and able to blend into the cultural context of the program and the region.
- Must be a UK citizen of diverse background and have a strong, current connection to SEA which will enable to sustain networks after the program finished and have a clear intention to grow their collaborations within SEA;
- Culturally sensitive and able to blend into the cultural context of the program and the region.
The program is fully funded, i.e. economy class travel, accommodation, meals and the cost of all activities included are covered by the program. However, participants must be able to commit to the whole program
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.