Deadline: 15 November 2018
Open to: candidates that hold a Ph.D. qualification in the field of Law
Benefits: salary which will depend on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience
The offer of a postdoctoral tenure-track position in Cyberlaw and Cyber rights is part of the Law Department strategy to recruit talented researchers in high priority research disciplines. The candidate is expected to join the academic staff at UPF Law Department, to teach
and research in Cyberlaw and Cyber rights, to take part in the Department’s research activities and to hold management positions.
1) Candidates must hold a Ph.D. qualification in the field of Law. If such qualification has not been issued by a Spanish university or has not been yet recognized in Spain, it will have to be officially validated, i.e. homologated, in Spain before the termination of the tenure-track period. If the Ph.D. qualification was issued by Universitat Pompeu Fabra, the candidate will need to have been contractually separated from the institution for at least two years since securing the Ph.D. qualification. This requirement will be considered fulfilled if doctoral studies were completed in its entirety at another university. It will not apply to candidates who, before December 31st, 2014, were hired as tenure-track at Universitat Pompeu Fabra or were hired as a result of open calls such as Ramón y Cajal or equivalent;
2) Candidates must have 3 years of postdoctoral teaching and research experience in the field of Cyberlaw and Cyber rights;
3) A command of English is essential and knowledge of Spanish, Catalan or other languages will be an asset.
- The salary will depend on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience. The position involves a fixed-term contract for five years. One year before the contract expires, the candidate will be assessed by the Department’s Teaching Staff Committee;
- The outcome will determine whether the candidate is recommended to stay in the position as a permanent researcher or whether the contract will be terminated at the end of the year. In the event of a negative assessment, the candidate will have a further year on the contract prior to its expiry;
- If a positive assessment is received, the candidate will have one year in order to secure accreditation from the Agència per a la Qualitat del Sistema Universitari de Catalunya (AQU Catalunya or the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency) in order to be eligible to fill a permanent position.
How to apply?
In order to apply to this call for applications, candidates must send the following documentation (in PDF format) by email to [email protected] quoting the reference number 2018-LAW/TT01: Postdoctoral tenure-track position UPF-La Caixa on Cyberlaw and Cyber rights:
- Ph.D. qualification or a receipt confirming it has been applied for;
- Full CV (up to 10 pages);
- Report on the applicant’s background as a teacher in the field of Cyberlaw and Cyber rights (up to 2 pages);
- Report on the applicant’s background as a researcher in the field of Cyberlaw and Cyber rights (up to 2 pages);
- Two recommendation letters;
- A teaching project in Cyberlaw and Cyber rights to be developed in the following 5 years (up to 2 pages);
- A research project in Cyberlaw and Cyber rights to be developed in the following 5 years (up to 2 pages).
For more information, please read the official call.