Deadline: 15 September 2018
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: full-time gross monthly salary will range from EUR 2,266 in the first year to EUR 2,897 in the final year
The University of Amsterdam, Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED), invite applications for a Ph.D. candidate in Marine Microbial Ecology in the Department of Freshwater and Marine Ecology. PhD candidate will work in the Department of Freshwater and Marine Ecology (FAME), headed by Prof. Jef Huisman.
The project will be supervised by Dr Susanne Wilken and aims to investigate predatory lifestyles in marine phytoplankton and their role in the microbial food webs of the ocean.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands; it is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands
- MSc in Microbial Ecology, Aquatic Ecology, Marine Biology, Biological Oceanography or a related field;
- experience with cultivation of micro-organisms;
- experience with molecular techniques, preferably genomics/transcriptomics;
- experience with fieldwork;
- experience with bioinformatics analyses is desired;
- ability to work in a multi-disciplinary research team;
- excellent communication skills in English.
The full-time gross monthly salary will range from EUR 2,266 in the first year to EUR 2,897 in the final year, according to the Dutch salary scales for PhD students. TheCollective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable. The annual salary will be increased by 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3 % end-of-year bonus.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
- Your application should include:
- a letter of motivation (max 1 page);
- a detailed CV, including a list of publications;
- the names and contact addresses of two references, from whom information about the candidate can be obtained.
For more information, please visit the official web page.