Deadline: 2 November 2018
Open to: individuals, teams and design firms worldwide
Award: USD 1,000 and promotional exposure in ALL festival related marketing materials
Media Arts Center San Diego’s San Diego Latino Film Festival is now accepting submissions for the International Poster Competition of its 26th edition, to take place from March 14 – 24, 2019. Submit an iconic design that captures the essence of the annual celebration of Latino film, music, and art for a chance to be the face of the festival.
The judges will be looking for innovative and creative designs that illustrate the San Diego Latino Film Festival’s tradition, as well as its forward-thinking and inclusive values.
A panel of distinguished judges (composed of artists, graphic designers, marketing professionals and art educators) will select the winning poster according to the following criteria
- Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture;
- Clarity and originality of message;
- Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences;
- Versatility for application on various mediums (web banners, postcards, etc);
- Design (type, color, composition, craft).
The competition is open to individuals, teams and design firms from around the world.
- Artwork must be submitted in: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 72 DPI (RGB), max. 4 MB;
- Top 10 Finalists are required to submit artwork in vector format, 300 DPI (CMYK);
- The design must state: 26th San Diego Latino Film Festival;
- The design must include the festival dates: March 14-24, 2019;
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted;
- A brief description of the artwork, the artist’s name & nationality are required.
- Top Prize: USD 1,000 and promotional exposure in ALL festival related marketing materials;
- 10 Finalists – 2 tickets to the 26th San Diego Latino Film Festival & limited promotional exposure;
- There is no cost to participate.
How to apply?
Poster design must be digitally submitted via the following link.
For more information please visit the official website.