Deadline: 26 August 2018
Open to: residents of Serbia, Kosovo, Albania or Montenegro, between 16 and 30 years old
Venue: 3 – 20 September 2018, study trip to Serbia, Kosovo*, Albania and Montenegro
Intercultural dialogue has become one of the most pressing challenges of today’s Western Balkans area and the role of youth bridging diverse communities is more necessary than ever. Providing information and knowledge about intercultural dialogue and foment mutual understanding, open mindedness and tolerance seem to be a need which is crucial for achieving tolerance.
Center for democracy and Human Rights – CEDEM, with partners Institute for European Affairs (Serbia) and Aarhus Information Center (Albania), has developed the project YOUth CAN CHANGE THE FUTURE in order to respond to the above mentioned problems and challenges and to break the prejudices and stereotypes among youth, by gathering efforts of 20 young and enthusiastic representatives of High School Student’s Parlaiment and Student’s Parlaiment from Montenegro, Serbia, Albania and Kosovo.
Purpose of the project is to create a positive atmosphere where exchange and dialogue can happen and be facilitated, as well to contribute to mutual understanding and cooperation of young people by building strong and long-lasting friendships and relationships with individuals from different ethnic groups in the Western Balkan region.
General aim is enhancing and promotion of intercultural dialogue through raising awareness on cultural and linguistic diversity, making young people more knowledgeable, aware and mindful, thus preventing negative attitudes towards people from other societies.
The main activity of the project is study trip which will be implemented in Serbia, Kosovo, Albania and Montenegro, 5 days each society. The study trip includes peer-to-peer education of Montenegrin-Serbian and Albanian language, workshops on the topics related to intercultural dialogue, visits to public institutions and museums in Vranje, Prishtina, Shokdra and City of Bar. Every sub-activity will be implemented in accordance to agenda of the study trip in each region covered by the action. Working language is English. The project is supported by Regional Youth Cooperation Office – RYCO, within the first Call for proposals.
- Age between 16 and 30;
- A member of the High School Students’ Parliament and Students’ Parliament in work of the parliaments; (Former, current or future members);
- Is willing to challenge his or her own prejudices and stereotypes towards others;
- Be motivated and committed to the theme and its outcomes;
- Be able to work in the official working language – English;
- Is willing to learn Albanian or SerbianMontenegrin language;
- Be able to participate for the whole duration of the activity;
- Be ready to participate in the follow-up activities;
- Be a resident of Serbia, Kosovo, Albania or Montenegro.
- Selected participants will be granted a scholarship, based on the essay proposal and activity plan, to cover the expenses of the programme, accommodation, food and transportation;
- Travel costs to and from hometown will be reimbursed according to the project policy.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please read the official call.