Deadline: 09 September 2018
Open to: tech innovations over the age of 18
Award: tailored support provided by industry mentors, access to strategic partnerships in ASEAN and abroad, access to finance for growth, opportunities to pitch solutions in New York during The Global Goals week in addition to the ASEAN Summit and related events
ASEAN Impact Challenge is a regional programme to discover innovators and entrepreneurs from Southeast Asia who are accelerating the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals through cross-sector partnerships and scaling disruptive innovations. Initiatives by participant teams have ranged from waste management, agriculture, microfinance, microbiology, improving livelihoods, alternative education, environment and construction.
The world is in the midst of a digital transformation, with 40% of the world population now connected to networks, up from 4% in 1995. In Southeast Asia too, the uptake of digital technologies has grown rapidly.
Digital transformation can help in changing the development paradigm towards growth driven less on the demand side by exports and more on the supply side by productivity increases, enabling countries to “move up the value-chain”. Moreover, it can help in addressing policy challenges such as the meeting of future energy, food and water needs, or improving the delivery of health and education services.
The Sustainable Development Goals were established by the United Nations to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all as part of a new sustainable development agenda.
To ensure a holistic approach towards creating impact, the ASEAN Impact Challenge was designed to align with the Global Goals. Participating teams are encouraged to form their innovations to address at least one of the 17 Goals.
This year’s challenge is themed ‘Tech Forward: Innovations for a Digital Economy’ and hopes to discover innovations from the citizen and private sectors that are contributing to the digital economy transformation in the region through the power of entrepreneurship and collaboration.
At the Regional Finals, 10 Finalist Teams from ASEAN countries with a proven innovation and impact model will be given the opportunity to pitch their revolutionary initiatives to a group of entrepreneurs, investors, and corporations.
The Challenge is open to tech innovations with the potential to scale and is designed to encourage, empower and support partnerships and innovations that will create impact in the region.
- All team members must be over the age of 18.
- All team members must be able and willing to travel to Singapore for the Regional Finals.
- The travel period is between 11-13 November 2018. All team members must be able to commit for the entire duration of the challenge.
FINALISTS CAN GET:
- Tailored Support Provided By Industry Mentors (local & regional);
- Access To Strategic Partnerships in ASEAN and abroad, including USD25 million worth of regional capital;
- Access To Finance For Growth; in the last 3 years, we’ve connected over USD5 million of capital to AIC finalists;
- Regional and global visibility through their partners and networks which also include opportunities to pitch solutions in New York during The Global Goals week in addition to the ASEAN Summit and related events.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must register and submit your entry.
For more information please visit the official website.