Deadline: 21 October 2018
Open to: all age ranges, all nationalities
Grant: maximum of 5.000.000 JPY (around USD 45,058.83)
SOCIALLY ENGAGED ART SUPPORT GRANT will support Socially Engaged Art projects that will take place in Japan and commit to the community and society; implement activities together with communities and residents; and aim to build and demonstrate models of a better society. This would further enhance in – depth relationships between art culture and the society and will contribute in cultivating higher cultural developments in Japan.
* Definition of “Socially Engaged Art”
Socially Engaged Art (SEA) is a generic term of artistic activities that aim a certain “change” amongst existing rules and systems through a proactive process of participation and communication with the society, on both daily and social levels.
Applications made by individuals and organizations fulfilling below would be acknowledged legitimate:
- All age ranges, all nationalities;
- Artists or organizations who work within the context of contemporary art.
REQUIREMENTS (project content)
Applications need to fulfill requirements below to be acknowledged legitimate:
– Projects applying strikingly new methods or ways of expression;
– Socially Engaged Art projects that would be newly implemented in Japan;
– Projects that would become a catalyst towards social changes;
– Projects aiming to build and demonstrate models of a better society;
– Projects with artists taking initiatives as its leader;
– Dialogue based projects which focus on building continuous partner relationships with communities;
– Projects which include a collaborative production process with participants.
- Maximum of five million JPY (around USD 45,058.83;
- Grant will be paid in divided terms.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.