Deadline: 17 September 2018
Open to: permanent residents or citizens of the Egypt, Morocco, Russia, or Turkey, currently employed with a a minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
Benefits: one-year ISPA membership and Full Pass registration to the New York 2019 ISPA Congress + travel and accommodation stipend
The International Society for the Performing Arts’ (ISPA) Netherlands Fellowship Program provides three-year access to ISPA’s extensive international network of arts professionals to one mid-career leader from the performing arts communities in Egypt, Morocco, Russia, or Turkey. The participant will join the ISPA membership and attend the 2019 ISPA Congresses in New York where they will engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world’s most significant presenting organizations, performing arts organizations, artist management agencies, cultural policy groups, foundations, festivals and related professionals.
Performing arts professionals who are deeply committed to increasing the global connectivity of the performing arts industry, as well as those who take initiative in their own professional development, are most likely to benefit. In considering applying, please be aware that the ISPA Congress is not a traditional arts market and opportunities for self-promotion are limited.
The Fellowship consists of four components:
- Membership in ISPA – Fellows gain access to all member benefits including exclusive content on the ISPA website, newsletter, and social media
- ISPA Congress – Fellows attend the New York ISPA Congress where they get the opportunity to engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from the world’s most significant arts organizations
- Professional Development – Fellows attend a one-day seminar prior to the New York Congress where they meet the Fellowship cohort and learn from global industry professionals through a series of intimate conversations and workshops
- Ongoing Networking – Fellows are paired with a current ISPA member as part of ISPA’s Community Building Program – Current members welcome Fellows to the Congress and help facilitate their participation
The Netherlands Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders within the professional performing arts sector in Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey. Participants must be based in Egypt, Morocco, Russia, or Turkey and be interested in developing their career through an extended engagement with ISPA.
- Be permanent residents or citizens of the Egypt, Morocco, Russia, or Turkey
- Be currently employed/ working in the performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
- Not currently be a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have not received an ISPA Fellowship in the past
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in ISPA for the next three years
In 2019, Fellows receive:
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the New York 2019 ISPA Congress (January 8 – 10, 2019), including a one-day Seminar prior to the Congress (January 7, 2019)
- Stipend to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the New York Congress.
Pending a successful annual review, Fellows are eligible to participate for up to two additional years and receive the same benefits as year one of the program.
How to apply?
Those interested in applying for ISPA’s Netherlands Fellowship Program must submit an application form online and read the information and instructions provided on the official website.
For more information please visit the official website.