Deadline: 15 November 2018
Open to: experienced researchers of any nationality with a doctoral degree
Benefits: employment contract with a gross annual salary of EUR 29,000-35,000, depending on experience
The Institute for Neuroscience is launching a Postdoctoral Programme linked to the 2018-22 “Severo Ochoa” Award for Spanish Centres of Excellence, and offers up to six Postdoctoral positions with a duration of 2 years.
- This call is opened to experienced researchers of any nationality with a doctoral degree;
- PhD should have been completed before the application deadline (15 November 2018).
Appointed postdoctoral researchers will receive an employment contract with a gross annual salary of EUR 29,000-35,000, depending on experience, and will pursue their research in a highly collaborative environment without teaching duties. Opportunities to undertake postgraduate teaching and/or transfer activities would be also available. We have an active policy for mentoring young researchers, which typically involves the association of young scientists with experienced researchers in the same programme. They will offer postdoctoral researchers the possibility to attend laboratory management courses to provide them with laboratory leadership and management skills.
Employment contracts will be prepared in accordance to Spanish laws and regulations, and employees will be included in the general Spanish Social Security System. With this, appointed researchers and their families will receive full health insurance coverage.
How to apply?
Before submitting the application, potential candidates should contact and get the support of a Principal Investigator of one of the research teams in the IN (see full list at: https://bit.ly/E7rx6l). This commitment is required for submitting the application.
Applications should include the following documents (in PDF format):
- Written support of the Principal Investigator of the IN host lab;
- Short CV (please download and use the model format);
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page, min. font size 11 pt.);
- Brief description of the 2-yr project, which must fit at least one of the topics defined in the Strategic Plan* (max. 2 pages, min. font size 11 pt.).
- Two letters of support.
For more information please visit the official website.