Deadline: 15 January 2019
Open to: students from outside the European Economic Area
Benefits: full scholarship of EUR 25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes)
The University of Amsterdam is inviting applications for Faculty of Science excellence scholarships. Students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an excellence scholarship.
The Faculty of Science aims to attract talented students to its international classrooms. It offers several scholarship programmes designed to offer – both Dutch and international – motivated students the opportunity to pursue a Science degree at the University of Amsterdam.
The University of Amsterdam is a public university located in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Established in 1632 by municipal authorities and later renamed for the city of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam is the third-oldest university in the Netherlands.
Candidates wishing to apply for an AES programme should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse;
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering; for more information please refer to www.duo.nl);
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AES;
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure);
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable);
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago;
- The International Team should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit or additional financial support throughout the academic year;
- Applicants must proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL) :TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components.
The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of EUR 25,000 (covering tuition and living expenses) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.