Deadline: 20 October 2018
Open to: young professionals and students of any nationality aged 18 to 38
Venue: Ministry of Sciences, Research and Technology (Tehran) and Isfahan University (Isfahan), Iran
International Student Festival of HARKAT is Iran’s largest student event. The festival is organized by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran and hosted by different universities since 2008. The thought is to gather students from different parts of the world in a combination of a festival and an exhibition. The festival aims at encouraging student projects and activities, fostering inspiration and being a starting point for international cooperation among students. The Festival is open for students from all over the world and is a meeting platform for young people with different scientific and cultural backgrounds. It is a place where young people get to know each other, establish new friendships and discuss various topics, from different points of view. Participants will arrive at Tehran for pre-festival workshops and tours, and it will be followed by visit to Kashan. This year the festival will be hosted at historical city of Isfahan, cultural capital of Iran.
Festival participants take part in different workshops, which highlight collaboration and creativity. Several lectures and thematic meetings are arranged, where students of different universities of Iran present their activities and projects. Through workshops, close communication and cooperation, interactive lectures and various open activities, students will be able to gain new knowledge and exchange ideas.
- Increase student scientific activities and support and encourage it;
- Identify and appreciate the notable achievements students, students groups and associations;
- Exchange of experience in scientific activities among students;
- Create a platform where students can easily cooperate and interact;
- The festival consists of exhibition, lectures, team working, walking tours, sport and cultural programs and also sightseeing excursions to natural and historical sites.
- Young professionals and students of any nationality are eligible to apply;
- Age 18 to 38 years old;
- Able to communicate in English;
- All participants should present a student activity or project run by their self, their university or their group.
Application: You can present any student-run project or activity. Even if you have an idea, you are eligible to apply and present your project.
- Access to lectures by prominent international scholars and professionals, interactive discussions, simulations, and site visits;
- Opportunity to explore Iranian culture through immersive activities;
- Opportunity to interact with people from diverse nationality and cultural backgrounds;
- Free accommodation for the duration of the program;
- Full-board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and coffee breaks;
- Visa Invitation Letter (if needed);
- Networking opportunities;
- Gifts and Souvenirs;
- Flight Tickets;
- Visa Fee.
How to apply?
Entries are submitted through the online application.
For more information please visit the official website.